Reference field trigger error

Hello Ninox Brain Trust,

I have an error occurring after a trigger for a reference field. Attached will be found a sample database that shows the error in the ‘INVOICE TEMPLATE’ reference field of the ORDERS table form.

The trigger excutes as desired. However, the error then appears. If the trigger is removed so does the error. After the error appears, the selections for the reference field are then abscent. They appear after the trigger is removed. The trigger desired is to select all of the choices in the dMC (TEMPLATE CHOICES). This trigger mimics the (all) option in the combobox view of the dMC.  

Any and all suggestions for a change in the trigger formula or anything that will help remove the error would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

Sam                                  

4 replies

null
    • Fred
    • 3 mths ago
    • Reported - view

This is an interesting question.

If you take the exact code and put it in a button it works fine.

I tried creating a dMC that is not dependent on the reference field and it still gives the same error. So it looks like reference fields don't like triggering dMC.

One solution is to use a choice dynamic field (dC) for your selection of Invoice Template.

I've attached a sample. You can see that as you change the selection in Select Invoice it changes Template Choices and my new dMC field.

• Sam.1
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

thanks Fred! I'll check it out and give an update

• Sam.1
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

it’s working great!

thanks

• Fred
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Please mark the post answered when you get a chance.

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 3 mths agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 56Views
  • 2 Following