moving database from one account to another

I signed up for a free trial account on Ninox to see how it worked.  I liked it enough that I bought a subscription to do work for an organization.  I signed up for the subsciption with a different username and email, since I'm working for that organization.  Now I have a pretty complete database with some specially coded fields, but it is under the wrong account name so I can't use it for the organization.  I going to to lose it when the trial period runs out.  

Is there a way to move a data base from one account to another?

5 replies

null
    • Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

You can move your databases from one team to another as follows:

Save a backup in the tab of your Ninox team via the menu on the database (small blue down arrow).
    Then select the topmost entry in the window that opens and archive the backup using the button "Save archive as...".

create_and_download_Backup

After that you can use the function "Import archive" to import your saved database backup into your new team.

Best Jörg

• Sean_Wood
    • 2 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Similar question, but I have an up-and-running cloud subscription with several licenses for our team. However the Starter package doesn't let me save an archive. The databases have been tweaked a lot. I would like to have archives of them so I can move some to different teams (things change over time) I don't really want to double the price in order just to archive as this means doubling all the licenses and I don't need the other features.
    Any ideas?

• Sean_Wood
    • 2 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks, but I have the Ninox cloud subscription and no way of archiving , this is only available for the "professional" rate/package

• Fred
      • 2 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Yeah that is a very limiting "feature" of the starter edition. If you have access to a MacOS computer you can download the app and there you can download ("export") a copy of your DB.

Content aside

• 2 mths agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 1906Views
  • 3 Following