HOWTO PUT A TABLE VIEW IN A PRINT LAYOUT

How can I display in the print layout the same table-view as displayed?

The table-view is displayed with a different order of column and has filtered fields....

15 replies

null
    • Ninox developer
    • Fabio
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello Yuri. At the moment this is not possible. We have put this feature in the change requests list

Fabio

• Sander_Vloeberghs
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Is this already possible?

Because i wanna use this for my database.

• Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Sander, 

Thanks for your reminder. We are still working on it. 

Thank you for your patience.

Best, Jörg

• Gate_Man
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Is there a workaround?

• Nick
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

No, as far as i know :-(

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
      • Sam.1
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Hi Steven, This file on One Drive has expired. https://ninox.com/en/forum/use-cases-5abd0b9c4da2d77b6ebfa395/printing-a-view-not-possible-this-is-how-it-can-be-done-5f1c548e0f8378438c972956
      If you still have it, I would appreciate being able to use it as a guide for adding a customer as you did to the 112-print view file.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

• Ninox partner
      • RoSoft_Steven.1
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Not sure, I would have to search for it, but The solution from 2 years ago can now be solved more easily, see this thread : https://forum.ninox.com/t/60yhd2g

• Sam.1
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

I saw that a couple days ago. I’ll check fit out again. On first pass, it seemed that I would need to be online. Is that correct? Or do you think it’s possible offline as well?

thanks for looking !

sam

• Ninox partner
      • RoSoft_Steven.1
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

You're right, Dynamic printlayouts are only cloud based. If you look at the "OLD" post you mentioned, I recovered the screenshots. But this is a solution from more than 2 years ago and not such an elegant one....

• Sam.1
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

thanks Steven! I’ll check it out.

Sam

• Customer Service Ninox
    • Maria_pasini
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Official response
    • Reported - view

Hello Yuri,
    There is a workaround for adding a table to a report.
    Please check the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjTSYV9-f1k&feature=youtu.be
    Thanks!

• Rijard
      • 9 mths ago
      • Reported - view

This is really complicated way how to workaround a basic need. It is already 4 years and no progress on this?

• Fred
      • 9 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Take a look at this post about dynamic printing. It is only available for cloud and onPrem users, so if you fall under these two categories then it is time to learn dynamic printing.

• Rijard
      • 9 mths ago
      • Reported - view

O tried it, but it took me 3 hours to create a simple report. It is so user inconvenient and complicated!

What is wrong?

1. After print, you cannot change the final content of the letter, it is PDF, nothing you can edit .
      2. Strict naming requirements force you to change your own naming convention.
      3. Printing list that way, you should create a table in a Word and fill each cell with a formula is really pain in the ass.
      4. You cannot print the view anyway...

I am sorry, I think you should rather improve your print engine instead of generating such a complicated workarounds.

Content aside

• 3 mths agoLast active
  • 15Replies
  • 2559Views
  • 4 Following