Form to Sheet view

When one opens a table in form view and then selects (all) the form does not slide out of the way to reveal the sheet/table view which is now underneath, if you know what I mean.  I, as a default always have my forms 'slid' all the way to the left which of course obscures what lies behind.

Does anyone else find this irritating?  Is there some kind of work around?  It would be really handy to switch from Form (full view so to speak) to sheet view simply by swithcing from 'DOCUMENT REPOSITORY' to (all) and back.

3 replies

null
    • Mel_Charles
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

You could put a button on the form script to close the current form but it is basically the same as closing the form in the top left by the > symbol.

Otherwise, don't have the form open fully to the left so you always see a little bit of of the underlying table. I like it like this as it allows me to effectively walk through the records in form view but by clicking the table lines in turn or at random selections and not then reopening the form view each time as it stays open ( as opposed to running through the records by the next /last record transport selectors up by the bin symbol

• Alan_Cooke
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Mel Charles I know...that is a solution.  I am an old Access user and it's sort of ingrained to switch between one or the other.  I find it weird that you can click a view at the top and if a form is open below nothing seems to happen :-).  Further more if one has a foem in fullscreen mode it's modal so clicking on a view is behind the scenes so to speak.  No biggie Ninox makes up for it in so many more ways.

• Mel_Charles
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Alan Cooke I agree I to am from come from Access and Dataease and several years later, still getting my head around Ninox's Logic (or Not!).

Some simply elements like putting a scrip on form open or close - without modifying the underlying data would be great too - I remain hopefully

Agree to that there are many benefits in Ninox that the like sof other web based software could learn from - I guess - we can't always have our cake and eat it 🙂

Content aside

• 1 yr agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 91Views
  • 2 Following