Updating records in the DB

I have several databases, and once a month, i need to transfer information from all databases to a mine database. The problem is, that the data is not updated, it is copied. For example, if there was previously i have in table кусокв number "123", when updating, new ones are added and old record are restored from the table and I have two records "123" in them.

Does anyone solve this problem? there is a solution? You can also view the constant synchronization of data from all databases into a common one. But it is not recommended to merge databases

5 replies

null
    • Fred
    • 4 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Under Import Mode what are you selecting?

In the field window are you selecting a field to be the Key so Ninox knows if it is new data or updated data?

• demo3678
      • 4 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Happy new year, thank you for being interested in my case

I follow this sequence:
      Table - import Data 

after that I select import from the ninox table

in the list I select the table from which the information in the main table should be updated

from DMO SLOVAKIA to DEMO SLOVAKIA 2

I have both tables with the same fields, they are the same as the main table and all the reports have their own copy, so all the tables are marked and the next step is to click import data

• Fred
    • 4 mths ago
    • Reported - view

wrote

Looks like that is a limitation of the Ninox DB import. There is no way to do any checking before importing.

Question: After importing do you start fresh and delete the data in DMO SLOVAKIA? So that is why you import the data into DEMO SLOVAKIA 2 as a place to keep a history of the data.

If you don't delete the data in DMO SLOVAKIA after import and the data is always just a copy, then may I suggest you make an archive of DMO SLOVAKIA then rename it to DEMO SLOVAKIA 2 and there you have a backup or 2nd copy ready to use.

• demo3678
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

The situation is that the information must be updated for another department. And I need the employee to not only update information, I need to do synchronization. But these are two different databases

• Fred
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Since importing Ninox archives doesn't allow Ninox to do any processing of data, you may want to look into exporting csv files and then importing them. Then you can do you better processing of data.

or

You can import the SLOVAKIA tables as new tables then write a button that copies the data over properly? then you can delete the new tables.

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 3 mths agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 98Views
  • 2 Following