Frustrated with poor help guides- Is there a full guide to formulas anywhere?

I want to do what seems like a fairly simple CountIF formula but find the Ninox help guide to be incredibly frustrating. I can't find any mention anywhere in the instruction manual of a COUNT function existing but there are a few examples of people using them. I find this often with Ninox and I don't understand how anyone manages to master it.

The forum is very helpful but I don't want to have to post everytime I need a basic formula explaining. Is there a proper guide anywhere? 

10 replies

null
    • Choices_Software_Dean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Click any column header and then click on the "Count" button. The count will appear at the bottom of the column.

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    • Choices_Software_Dean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I found the formular by doing a Google search on "Ninox count", instead of using the Forum search.

• Equilance Ltd
    • Richard_Myers
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks but it's the equivalent of an Excel CountIF formula I was looking for. ie, it only counts it when it matches certain criteria.
    In any case, is there a decent guide somewhere that lists all these formulas. I also found that thread in the forum using Google but the formula it refers to isn't mentioned anywhere in the user manual. How do we know what formulas we can use if they're not listed somewhere?

• Nick
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Richard, don't give up, we all went through this stage.
    Read here what I wrote about a year ago ...

https://ninoxdb.de/en/forum/technical-help-5ab8fe445fe2b42b7dd39ee7/templates-and-manual-5b5b4e9d615501550d8cbc9c

• FES Minden
    • Sebastian.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Right now I am also looking for a countif function/formula. This thread and the ones linked to haven't helped me so far. So how can I actually count the number of certain results in a given field? 
    I agree with Richard about the lack of proper documentation, there should be a nice overview of functions, proper examples and use cases.

• Halio
    • Halio
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Sebastian, I'm pretty new to Ninox and I've so far used for myself a simple if/then/else combined with cnt/count function when I needed CountIF.

• FES Minden
    • Sebastian.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Halio,
    thank you for the tip. I tried to combine them, but it doesn't seem to work. How exactly do you combine them? Count(field) if [field] = [a certain value]
    or if field/column= [value] then count (field)

Both of them deliver no results for me...

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Something like this? In a formula field:

cnt(select TableName where Field = a certain value)

Steven.

• FES Minden
    • Sebastian.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

yes, that works perfectly!! Thank you so much Steven, this solves my problem :)

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 2552Views