Dynamic Multiple Choice doesn't display values in order (A-Z), but should

Hi everybody!

I'm hoping someone can help me with this because I give up - can't figure it out :->)

I'm using a Dynamic Multiple Choice field, "Show as" Radio Buttons on the COLORS Table. (I also tried it to 'show as' Combobox.

-- The (COLORS) table is in A-Z Order (by Pantone Color name). But the values displayed (w/'radio buttons' are completely 'unordered' and it's crazy to find the selections I need.

-- The dynamic multiple choice field is getting its' values from 'itself' (the COLORS table) -- maybe that's the problem-but I don't think it should be? OR ... it could be that I need to use a relationship instead of the DMC field but it would have to be an MN relation thus an additional table - which I shouldn't need to do because we now have the Dynamic choice fields :-)  

The 'Dynamic Value' is:

select COLORS

I even tried to do something along the lines of an  openTable ("TableName", "View") but of course, that did not work ... nor did I expect it to but I was willing to try anything. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

Thanks,

Karen

3 replies

null
    • Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Did you try the 'dynamic Value': select COLORS order by Name

Steven

• Karen_Estrada
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you so much Steven! .... my new name should be 'captain obvious' -- never even thought about that! :-<

Eventually I do catch on and thankfully helpful people (like you) are kind enough to take the time to respond to questions here on this forum.    

Going to try it out right now. :->

Many thanks!!!

Karen

• Karen_Estrada
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

YAH!! Steven it worked! :)))) All my pantone colors are in order now!! Thank you! k

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 449Views