How to see all items over certain value when another field is a 'yes'

How would you do this?!

I have a list of items some of which I want to insure. I have a 'yes/no' field where 'yes' means add to the insurance. But I only want items valued more that € 500 to be on the list. I can easily make a list of items valued more than 500 but that contains items not to be insured. I can crete a list of items to be insured but that includes items valued less than 500.

So I think I need a formula field where I find " 'insure' is yes and 'value' is <500 "

Which in my table shows another column 'yes' along with the value and the insure 'yes' columns. When I hide any on the unrequired columns the formula fails.

How would you do this? Say I just want to see my columns 'item' and 'value' and all those items have 'yes' in a 'yes/no' field for 'insure' and a 'value' of over 500.

Thanks for any tips and/or pointers to instructions.

3 replies

null
    • John_Halls
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Davie

You are correct, create a new formula field with a formula something like this

if insure = "yes" and value < 500 then "Yes" else "No" end

Regards John

• John_Halls
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It should, of course, be

if insure = "yes" and value > 500 then "Yes" else "No" end

Regards John

• Davie
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

So this is what is working for me

'Insure This Item?' like true and 'Replacement ex VAT' > 500

Many ways to skin a cat? I was  ( I am) confused about "like". Is "like" a logical statement or something lost in translation? Why not "is" or "contains"? "Is" did not work for me.

Anyway, I still have a column in my view "< 500" and it is filled "Yes". I don't really need to see that, but when I hide it the formula no long applies and I'm back to my full list. Can it be hidden and active? 

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 135Views