Correction - Counting the number of items that have a flag set.
Apologies for the second post. I had a confusing typo.
I'm trying to learn how to count the number of entries with a particular status set.
1. I have two tables: JOBS and TASKS.
2. Each entry in JOBS can have multiple TASKS assigned to it, so I have TASKS -> JOBS.
3. Each entry in TASKS can have a flag set for either done or outstanding.
Problem Statement: I would like to be able to count # of outstanding tasks for a given job.
I have tried constructing a filter for this using the visual editor. I can see how to count the number of tasks for each job (cnt), what the first or last task is for a particular job, or to concatenate the status.
In the text editor I would guess I need something like:
let NumberOutstanding := 0
for Counter in cnt(TASKS)
if item(TASKS,Counter) = "Outstanding" then NumberOutstanding := NumberOutstanding + 1
1. Is this the best way to do this?
2. How do I return the calculated value
3. Is there a code bank of example code?
Thank you very much for your help.
- 2 yrs agoLast active