How to make a kind of genealogic tree ?

I am tryong to make a database to store group of animals.

For example : let's say that the apes contains five species (human, gorilla, orang outan, chimps, gibbons) and the monkeys contains four more (I know this is wrong) (ouistiti, saimiri, vervey, macaca). So we can say that the primates, which is the reunion of apes and monkeys, now contains nine species.

What I want to achieve is a table for what we call clade (to represent apesmonkeys and primates) and a table for the spieces (human, gorilla...).

I want the Clade table to reference an other clade table (like the apes and monkeys both reference primates table, meaning that both the apes and the monkeys are primates) and I want it to reference all the species that they contains (the apes contains 5 species and the monkeys contains 4 species so the primates sum it up and contains 9 species).

So far, I don't succeed in sum up the species. My Clade table can be link to another clade table but I can't add the species.

I don't know if I was clear but if anyone could help, it could be nice

Regards

4 replies

null
    • Bas
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi there,

Do you already know about the possibility of "Composition Tables"?

-Bas

• magnificent7
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you for the answer,

I am quite new to this but I think I know what is a "Composition Tables" (it's a nested database inside another, right ?) but I don't know how to use it to do what I need.

To be clear, I would like something like the picture I have attached (especially the ancestor field).

Thank you

Capture d’écran 2019-09-20 à 23.16.29

• Adrian_Praeger
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Did you figure out how to do this?  I would like to do something similar

• Customer Service Ninox
    • Maria_pasini
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello,
    Maybe the Database KPCOFGS (image below) from our Webinar EN 2020 team can help you find a solution for this request.
    If you wish to be invited to this team, please send an email to support@ninox.com
    Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 15.55.31

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1270Views