Summary table of multiple tables

Hello all. I have multiple sub tables of different elements of a holiday booking, e.g. one for flights, one for hotels etc. In each sub table there are fields that are the same, such as Gross amount, Net amount and commission. I would like a "summary" table that shows each element for that holiday booking, such as all the gross, net and commission amounts. This can then be used to show a total amount of gross, net and commission. Is this possible?

3 replies

null
    • Fred
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Most things are possible in Ninox. Take a look at this video about dashboards to get started and come back to the forum with fine tuning questions.

• John_Halls
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jack

I would look at your sub-tables and consider if they can all be put into one sub-table. It sounds like they can from your description.

Regards John

• Paul_Chappell
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

I would suggest the structure of your database is wrong.  You probably only need 2 tables: one for the Holiday itself containing the main details, and one for the Elements.  The elements table will be a sub-table of the Holiday.  The Elements table should have a field for "Category" (eg "Hotel", "Flight", etc), and fields for "Net Amount", "Tax" (VAT), and "Commission".  Then all you need to do is total the 3 amounts on the sub-table, and create a formula to total the Element amounts on the Holiday record.

Content aside

• 1 yr agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 78Views
  • 4 Following