today() function returns yesterday's date on web app

Using the today() function to insert today's date, instead returns yesterday's date when using the web app. However, it returns the correct date when using the iOS app so the web app is obviously getting it's date from a different source. Can't it just use the system date?

6 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hmm.. Works as designed for me.. 

today

• activelifejss
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yeah I’m not sure what was going on. It started working around 4 pm PST. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch. I’ll try again tomorrow morning and see if it does it. 

• activelifejss
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

So I tried it again this morning (new day) and the web version is once again inserting yesterday's date. When this happened yesterday, it seemed to start inserting the correct date around 4 pm Pacific Standard Time (USA) when it finally recognized the new day but that's 16 hours late. My PC says the correct time, where else could it be coming from?

• activelifejss
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

OK I am confused now. The field that is malfunctioning is a "Date" type field, so I decided to try to test a "Date / Time" field, and that works just fine! It displays the current date and time just as expected, yet the "Date" field still updates to yesterday's date...

• activelifejss
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The code is very, very simple. It is used on "Trigger after update" for a Single Choice field named "StockChecked" so that when a user checks the stock level and chooses "Reorder" or "OK", this code fires;

StockChecked := today();
    DateTimeTest := now()

The StockChecked field is malfunctioning, while the DateTimeTest works perfectly.

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The servers are in DE.. which I believe is GMT+2 ..  I am not sure if JavaScript or the server is resolving "now".  I defer to the Ninox folks. 

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 2901Views