• Reported - view

Not for a user but for a role:

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 17.17.59,743

Birger

• Consultant and developer
    • Javier
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

I want to hide a table from the "table list" BUT I need the user to use the solution: it requires to actually "see, edit and create" records in such tables.

There are three roles:

• Administrators: can access all the features. One or two users are administrators.
    • Editors: can read and write ALL the tables, but they can not create fields, edit formulas, etc. Some users are administrator (5 to 10).
    • Users: can read and write some tables, but they need to work with related records that are stored in hidden tables. The majority of users have this role. They can be hundreds.

If I use the "hidden" check box, the Editors can't see the hidden tables, so they can't directly modify, filter, import, records in such tables.

If I untick the "Hidden" but also the "Allowed to read" check box for the users, then they don't see the tables (that's ok) but also THEY CAN'T SEE any related field.

Any advice?

• Ninox partner
      • RoSoft_Steven.1
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Javier Gómez 

One possible solution (trick) is, you leave the Tables on "hidden" and use a button that only displays if userIsAdmin() and jump to the disired Table with the openTable() function.

• Fred
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Javier Gómez Have you considered using dashboards for all interactions for the general user? All data entry is done through dashboards so you control ever part of the UI and actions?

• Javier
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Fred It sounds interesting! Do you have an example of a Dashboard or can you tell me how can I creat/enable a dashboard?

• Mel_Charles
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view
      • Fred
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Javier Gómez Here is a sample. A user wanted something that they can make a table "read-only". You can view the post if you want.

Going this route will mean a ton of work on the front end as you recreate the work flow that users need. But it will also give you a ton of flexibility. I know Nioxus has a few templates around work flow and security. You can join at a level where you can get access to their templates to see what they did.

• Javier
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you very much Mel Charles and Fred for all these resources!

Content aside

• 1 yr agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 1055Views
  • 4 Following