PROBLEM WITH DATA UPLOAD

I have a DATA table that tracks about 20 indices by nation and region using numerical fields. I update it by adjusting the data in an Excel file, saving it as a comma-separated csv, the using import on NX. 

If I select "Only updated records" the preview shows most of the cells with two values - one black and one blue - as though the new value has simply been put alongside the old one. 

The only way to avoid this is to delete all the existing records and upload the csv using "Only new records" - but this takes a long time. 

I assume NX is supposed to replace old values with new ones on existing records. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

7 replies

null
    • David
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for promoting me to Master, by the way. I think Monk was more appropriate. 

• Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

You do not need to delete the old values. The preview in grey and blue is only a preview and will show you what will be updated (overwritten) in the record the blue values will overwrite the grey values in a field as soon as you click on "Execute".

Best, Jörg

• David
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The other issue here is that some fields seems to include ALL the decimal places after the dot, not the two I set in cell formatting in Excel. Is there any way to control this?

• David
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ah... OK, definitely don't deserve the Master tag, then. Thanks!

• David
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

So that works fine (thanks) - EXCEPT ... one line (GLOBAL TOTAL) doesn't update. I've tried skipping vs. updating all, done it three times, and that line always fails to update. 

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@David..  LOL on the "Master" tag comment... I noticed some time ago that the forum simply counts the number of posts..   

Let's just agree that you are very good at the Socratic Method of questioning.. LOL.. :) 

• David
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks. Already shaved my head and bought a pack of Tesco incense sticks. Om. 

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 1268Views