Error: Type not found: I when printing

I can't  print. I get an error Error: Type not found: I when printing

20 replies

null
    • Fred
    • 13 days ago
    • Reported - view

Are you doing regular printing or dynamic?

• john_cesta
    • 13 days ago
    • Reported - view

I use the little printer icon

• Fred
    • 12 days ago
    • Reported - view

Can you be a bit more descriptive of the steps you took?

Are you printing using the default print layout? or did you create your own?

Can you upload a sample DB, with no personal information?

• john_cesta
      • 12 days ago
      • Reported - view

Thanks fred. It's a 2 field table. A date field and a Note field. Nothing special. I simply open the record to form view and click on the printer icon. That's it. Default layout yea.

• Fred
      • 11 days ago
      • Reported - view

Sounds like you will have to email Ninox support. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• john_cesta
      • 4 days ago
      • Reported - view

They tell me I can only get support in the forum. I am a paying customer.

• Fred
      • 4 days ago
      • Reported - view

wow. They use to do email support for all customers. I just checked and now basic does not provide any support at all. 

you can try Nioxus, but there will be a fee. 

• john_cesta
      • 4 days ago
      • Reported - view

Yea well, I paid $145 and now it doesn't work. They claim every thing gets answered in the forum. Well, there went that claim. haha

• Mel_Charles
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

Yikes - this is a bit naughty from Ninox - I appreciate that for a given fee Ninox might not want to give direct support but at the current rate per user for base level of $10.00 - that is still a fair investment from a user. The forum is simply unpaid users sharing/helping other users out because we want to and apart from a few gurus we don't always have the insight! Our help is in no way official!

• john_cesta
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

Yea, well in the past I paid monthly cause I move on and try other things then perhaps return and pay monthly again. But this time they eliminated the monthly deal and require an annual payment. So I thought what the heck.

First time I needed help they email me about sorry no help. You can get it in the forum. HUH? Really, I'd figure for $145 annually they had some technicians that could come to my rescue. 

There are plenty of free systems like logmedo, getgrist, ragic etc I can always go back to.

I'm going to check my payment method and see if I can get my money back. 

See you at the Gate,

• Fred
    • 4 days ago
    • Reported - view

After poking around it looks like there is a reference field in two tables and a Page ('What is a page', writtenbiz, and TODO) that is broken and can not be deleted. I think that is what is causing the error. If you try to print from another table that doesn't have this issue it prints fine.

Try recreating the broken tables then export the data from the broken tables then import the data and try printing again.

• Fred
      • 4 days ago
      • Reported - view

these error icons on your tables/pages is a start to your troubleshooting.

Then when you open the table you will see Table2 also in red.

• john_cesta
    • 2 days ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks Fred I really appreciate it. 

• Fred
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

did it work?

• john_cesta
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

I haven't tried it yet. I spent the last few days switching phones.

• Fred
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

the joys of modern life.

• john_cesta
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

I don't have those icons on those tables when I login. Yea all the other tables print fine but not the todo tables.

• john_cesta
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

hey, we tried.

• Fred
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

are you in admin mode? regardless, you still have the issue of the Table2 reference field.

• john_cesta
    • 2 days ago
    • Reported - view

I'll look at it. Thanks again.

Content aside

• 2 days agoLast active
  • 20Replies
  • 59Views
  • 3 Following